Trying to get the Family backyard “cricket oval” ready for the Family Boxing Day Cricket match?
Here are some handy Summer Lawn Care Tips for a hassle free lawn:
• With hot dry temperatures around less frequent, deeper waterings are recommended, this will encourage strong root growth.
• Give your Lawn Mower a Tune-Up. Chances are your lawn mower is going to get a workout this summer so make sure the blades are replaced or nice and sharp. If dry when mowing and if you mow only 1/3 of the leaf leave the catcher off! It will be faster and the clippings will act as a natural fertiliser for your lawn.
• Grab the kids when they say “Mum, Dad, I’m bored!” and get them weeding the lawn! Most single weeds can be pulled out by hand (excepts Nutgrass) and should be done before they go to seed.
• If you’ve got an abundance of weeds then try an all purpose Weed Control.
• One of the healthiest things you can do for a lawn is aerate it. Aeration will reduce compaction particularly after the family have visited and kids have been playing backyard cricket and footy on it.