Skip to content
SIR WALTER – A SMART INVESTMENT IN YOUR HOME…
- Sir Walter is the most popular lawn Australia wide, real estate agents now actually list it as a selling feature!
- Sir Walter requires less mowing (than couch and kikuyu) to look its best, saving you money & time.
- Sir Walter looks good in full sun and shade with less water, adding value to your home.
- Sir Walter is known and grown Australia-wide, making it the respected choice of discerning home owners.
- Sir Walter lawns are an evergreen addition to your home – properly maintained they’ll never need replacing.
- Sir Walter bounces back after the toughest droughts, unlike competitor lawns which frequently need replacements.
- Sir Walter is a much cheaper landscaping feature than gardens and pavers, because of its superior shade tolerance it can be used in more places, saving you money.
- Homes with a nice Sir Walter lawn sell better than those without. Ask a Sir Walter lawn owner.
- Kids love to play on Sir Walter, reducing childhood obesity and keeping your family fit and active.
SIR WALTER – GREEN IN MORE THAN 1 WAY…
- Sir Walter needs far less water than most other turf.
- Sir Walter is tough to insect attack, significantly reducing the need for pesticides.
- Sir Walter rarely suffers severe fungus, reducing the need for fungicides.
- Sir Walter is actually low allergy – no ‘itchies’ for kids and pets.
- Sir Walter has a dense cover reducing weed infestation, meaning less herbicide usage.
- Sir Walter will grow in most conditions (even difficult shade areas) & is ideal for erosion control.
- Sir Walter will keep your home 10 degrees cooler than bare soil, 20 degrees cooler than concrete and 40 degrees cooler than artificial turf!
- The average Sir Walter home lawn produces more oxygen than the world’s largest tree!
- Sir Walter is great for carbon sequestration (storing carbon), more efficient than trees.
- Sir Walter acts as a natural filter for our waterways.
- Sir Walter is the most successful PBR Turf grass in Australia, hands down.
- It outsells the competition 10 to 1 in volume.
- Over 30 million meters of Sir Walter have been sold in Australia (that’s almost 200,000 home lawns!
- Even the biggest grass breeders in Australia and USA are desperately trying to claim they are breeding from it.
- Australia’s largest grower of the opposition turf has just switched to Sir Walter because nothing else comes close.
- Sir Walter (per capital) is the most popular warm season domestic turf developed in the world.
- Sir Walter is 100% Aussie born & bred. Despite competitor claims, no other variety has been cultivated from it.
- Don Bourke, Jamie Durie, Jason Hodges and Nigel Ruck have all said on=air or in print it’s the best grass.
- Australia’s leading gardening TV shows specify Sir Walter more than any other turf variety.
- Sir Walter is so popular, horticultural companies have now developed lawn care products just for it.